A Living History Experience
· Present the two Generals/Presidents from the Wars of Independence
Gen. George Washington & Gen. Andrew Jackson
· Present four contributing Generals from the Wars of Independence
Gen. Marquis de Lafayette and Gen. Tadeusz Kosciuszko
Gen. Thomas Hinds and Choctaw Chief, Gen. Pushmataha
· Present soldiers from both Wars of Independence
Revolutionary War & War of 1812
· Present members of the Mississippi Indian Tribes MS Band of Choctaw & Chickasaw Nation
· Present the African American & Native American contribution
· Present the Pioneer families & Soldier’s wives
Pioneer family camp
Military marching (wooden rifles)
A 501c3 Non-profit Organization
SONS OF INDEPENDENCE
An Educational Alliance in conjunction with
the MISSISSIPPI SOCIETY SONS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION
MISSISSIPPI SOCIETY OF 1812
PURPOSE: To implement Living History educational programs in American History to Mississippi students, K – 12.
GOAL: To leave all students with the knowledge that they are citizens of the first and most exceptional democratic republic on earth, created by an idea called Liberty. And, that they will have the freedom to build a rewarding life of their choice if that liberty is sustained.
MISSION: Bring History alive to school children through outdoor and classroom instruction, covering the 40 year Period of Independence, 1775 – 1815. And, to perpetuate a sense of patriotism, love of country, principles of the founding fathers, and their civil obligations to sustain their freedom.
In carrying out this objective, the Sons of Independence will:
1. Educate all students irrespective of race, religion, or creed.
2. Include America’s Colonial Period (1607 – 1774), and Post War Period (1816 – 1840), to bring into perspective our 40 year Period of Declaring, Winning, and Structuring Liberty.